Muffins, the first thing I think of when making this dish is the different flavour combinations. Your combo can be as simple or complex as you like. From Sicilian Lemon and Poppy seed muffins to Triple Chocolate to Date and Walnut muffins. Everybody has a favourite muffin and this is my favourite recipe to make for my family. This recipe was inspired by my brothers cravings for sweet things. So, instead of making those gigantic American muffins that you can't fit into your mouth. I created a 'mini- muffin' aka mouthfuls of heaven. This particular recipe can make around 17-18 mini muffins. My brother challenged me to make a 'double batch of this recipe, which is around 36 muffins and he actually ate them all.
My delectable muffins are irresistible to anyone, especially to my brothers.
- 200g Plain flour
- 2tsp baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 120g caster sugar
- 100ml of vegetable oil
- 250ml of semi-skimmed milk
- 100g of dark chocolate chips
- 100g of white chocolate chips
- 1 punnet of raspberries
- 2 tsp of vanilla extract
1.Preheat the oven to 200C or Gas mark 6. In a medium bowl, sift your flour and baking powder and add your caster sugar and mix.
2. In another bowl, combine your eggs, vanilla extract, oil and milk. Whisk all the wet ingredients together until smooth.
3. Make a well in your dry ingredients bowl and pour in your wet ingredients. Use a spatula to fold in the mixture or a whisk to create a smooth texture. Now in a small bowl, pour in your chocolate chips and a small handful of flour and quickly mix. This prevents the chocolate from sinking to the bottom.
4. Now remove any excess flour from your chocolate by using a sift. Add your chocolate to your muffin mixture. Prepare your muffin tin by rubbing a little butter around the moulds. However, if you have rubber moulds like me, you do not need to rub butter around the moulds.
5. Now, with a tablespoon place a small amount of your mixture into the mould and place 1 raspberry in the middle. Then place another tablespoon and repeat for the other moulds.
6. Bake for 20 mins and cool for 15mins in their moulds.
Enjoy and happy baking!!!
Please leave any comments or questions you might have on any post you see.